Canon PIXMA MG5420 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
Reasons To Choose Canon PIXMA MG5420, For the average quality printer from its range, Canon PIXMA MG5420 has the best quality out of the other models. It offers you a great printing quality both for text documents or photo files for office standard quality. It is slightly expensive compared to the other models, but it surely has more quality than the others. With this printer, you can also enjoy an easier way to label your disc because it has a special tray where you can place your disc and print directly on the surface. It supports disc like CD, DVD and Blu-Ray disc.
The overall quality of Canon PIXMA MG5420 makes it a great choice when you are looking for a high-quality printer with a fairly low price for a home office or for your personal uses. Another great feature that you might enjoy is its wireless connection feature, with this feature you can use and place the printer freely anywhere in the room. But the wireless connection is the only option to connect and use this printer.
Besides delivering high-quality printing results, Canon PIXMA MG 5420 also capable of being a scanner as well as a copier machine. So you only need this one machine for all your office works.
Canon PIXMA MG5420 Specifications
- Printer Category: Ink Jet
- Type: All-In-One
- Colour or Monochrome: 1-pass colour
- Ink Jet Type: Photo All-Purpose
- Connection Type: USB, Wireless
- Maximum Standard Paper Size: Legal
- Number of Cartridges: 5
- Number of Ink Colors: 5
- Direct Printing from Cameras: No
- Direct Printing from Media Slots: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Secure Digital, MultiMedia Card, MiniSD Card, Secure Digital High Capacity
- LCD Preview Screen: Yes
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanner Optical Resolution: 2400 pixels per inch
- Maximum Scan Area: 8.5" x 11.7"
- Standalone Copier and Fax: Copier
- Input Capacity (printer input only): 125 sheets
- Print Duplexing: Automatic
- Duplexing Scans: No
- Cost Per Page (Mono): 4.6 cents
- Cost Per Page (Color): 12.7 cents
- Claimed lifetime for photos - dark storage: 300 years
- Claimed lifetime for photos - framed behind glass: 30 years
- Claimed lifetime for photos - exposed: 20 years
- Water/smudge proof or resistant: Yes
- Tech Support: Phone and web support available; 1-year warranty with instant exchange.
Canon PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Setup
WPS Connection Method, Before we start, some conditions must be met to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button available.
- Please check your device’s user guide for details.
- If the WPS push button is not available, please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Most WPS-enabled access points to use this protocol.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Press & hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes once.
- Make sure that the light next to this button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
- For exact details on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂashing while searching, and the power and Wi-Fi light will flash when connecting to the access point.
- When the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the authority and Wi-Fi light will stop flashing and remain lit
More Knowledge Base Here Download
Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer from your local network connection. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability. You will need a Wi-Fi enabled Computer, a wireless router, and a wireless printer. All three devices must be connected to the same wireless network connection Click on the specific topic below to get detail information.
Setting up additional computers
Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change
Need additional information or assistance?
Google Cloud Print:
Google Cloud Print allows you to print to your Canon wireless printer whether you’re in the same room as your printer, or on another continent. You may need to register your Canon wireless printer before using this function.
A firmware update for the printer may be needed to support Google Cloud Print. You will need a PC (Mac or Windows), a USB cable and the Firmware utility (available through the Drivers & Software link above) to perform this update.
Click on the link below for more details.
AirPrint allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and other documents without the need to install device drivers, saving time and making for a seamless experience. Both your Apple device and your Canon wireless printer must be connected to the same wireless network connection.
A firmware update for the printer may be needed to support AirPrint. You will need a PC (Mac or Windows), a USB cable and the Firmware utility (available through the Drivers & Software link above) to perform this update.
Click on the link below for more details.
Printing from Email
Print from E-mail allows you to print attachment files easily. You only attach a picture or a document from your computer or smartphone and send the e-mail with the attached file.
Click on the link below for more details.
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 / Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon Pixma MG5420 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 18.104.22.168 (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.0.0b (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5420 series ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (Mac)|
Canon PIXMA MG5420 Setup Driver Installations For Windows :
- Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MG5420 Series :
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
- You can accept the default location to save the file. Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
- If you closed the Download Complete screen, browse to the folder where you saved the exe file and then double click.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When finished restart your computer or laptop
- Then do a test print and scan test
- If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the driver
- Open Control Panel, then click uninstall a program
- Double click on the printer you want to uninstall, and then click ok
- When the end of the uninstalls wizard, click Finish.
Canon PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Setup Mac OS
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG5420 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer. Click here to download. After the file, mac-MG5420-1_0-mcd.dmg has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure. Click Next on the first screen.
- Network Requirements, Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete, and that the computer is connected to the network.
- Wireless Connection, Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
Software Installation To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. Installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.
Setting up the Network Connection
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- If your MG5420 has already been set up for on your wireless network, it is only necessary to install the software on the additional computer(s). The printer does not have to be reset and no additional settings need to be made.
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG5420 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer.
- After the file,mac-MG3620-1_0-mcd.dmg,, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure.
- Click Next on the first screen. If prompted, enter the Administrative Password to continue.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Printers on Network List, select your printer (its serial number will be listed in the Serial Number column) and click Next.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Software Installation List, select *software to install and click Next. (*MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool are required and cannot be deselected. We recommend installing My Image Garden, Quick Menu and IJ Scan Utility2 to take full advantage of the printer’s features.)
- Continue following the on-screen instructions.
- When the Add Printer screen appears, click Add Printer.
- Select the Canon MG5420 series with Canon IJ Network listed in the Kind column, then click Add.
- Click Next on the Add Printer screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions.
- When the Setup Complete screen appears, click Next.
- At this point, the setup of the printer and network is complete. Continue to follow any remaining on-screen instructions to finish and exit the setup program.
How do I connect my Canon MG5420 to WIFI?
Hold down the Wi-Fi button (A) on the printer until the (orange) Alarm lamp (B) flashes once, then release the Wi-Fi button after the flash. Make sure that the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) flashes quickly and the (green) POWER light is lit, then press and hold the button on the access point within 2 minutes.
Canon MG5420 Wireless Printer Install
tried downloading software driver mp68-win-mg5420-1_01-ea32_2 during install it works to detect printer (which is switched on) and cannot find it with the error message:
- The printer could not be detected on the network.
- If the printers network setup has not been completed complete the network configuration and clicks re-detect
- To learn how to set up web click instructions these instructions are of no use as my system is correctly configured there isn't a firewall. Is it possible to download and install drivers before following the detecting process? I don't have access to a cd from drive