Canon PIXMA MG2420 Printer Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
Exclusive Device, Canon PIXMA MG2420 is a type of all-in-one inkjet printing machine. It gives you the best choice and solution for you to print high quality of photo images and crisp text document printing. This printer uses a system of hybrid ink that allows you to get a great combination of black pigment inks and colour dye inks for smooth and sharp text document printing. The printer will be able to be used greatly for home office needs with a maximum resolution which is 4800 x 600 dpi with Canon FINE Print Head system.
Canon PIXMA MG 2420 Printer Setup & Driver Download, provides you with a great and compact design. It means that you can place the printer in almost everywhere at your working place. This printer is completed with Full HD Movie Print which can capture the photo image from Canon digital camera and create beautiful photo images. It also offers you with quiet mode so you do not worry anymore about making noisy sounds while printing your files.
In addition, Canon PIXMA MG2420 is featured with Auto Power On which lets you print automatically when you want to print your files through other devices. There is also My Image Garden application that can make your photo printing is more interesting.
Canon PIXMA MG2420 Printer Specifications
Canon PIXMA MG2420 Printer Specifications
- Print Speed (up to): Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm, Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm.
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280.
- Picoliter Size (colour): 2 and 5.
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 600 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi.
- Ink Compatibility: PG-245 XL XL Black Ink, CL-246 XL XL Color Ink, PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge, CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge.
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes.
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope.
- Printer Features: Auto Photo Fix II, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Red-Eye Correction, Quiet Mode.
- Output Tray Capacity: 60 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4x6 Photo Paper.
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color): Approx. 31 seconds.
- Copy Features: Standard Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-21 Pages.
- Scanner Type: Flatbed.
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS).
- Max. Resolutions: Optical:600 x 1200 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi.
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode, Push Scan.
- Color Depth: 48-bit Input / 24-bit Output.
- Max. Document Size: 8.5 x 11.7.
- Other Features: Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Rated EPEAT Silver, Quiet Mode.
- Standard Interface: Hi-Speed USB.
- Dimension (W x D x H): 16.8 (W) x 12.1 (D) x 5.8 (H).
- Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Canon PIXMA MG2420 Wireless Setup
- Find instructions on how to set up the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG2420 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labelled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG2420 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG2420, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG2420 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG2420 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer. Click here to download. After the file, mac-MG2420 -1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure. Click Next on the first screen.
- Network Requirements, Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete, and that the computer is connected to the network.
- Wireless Connection, Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
- Software Installation To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. Installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- If your MG2420 has already been set up for on your wireless network, it is only necessary to install the software on the additional computer(s). The printer does not have to be reset and no additional settings need to be made.
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG2420 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer.
- After the file, mac-MG2420 -1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure.
- Click Next on the first screen. If prompted, enter the Administrative Password to continue.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Printers on Network List, select your printer (its serial number will be listed in the Serial Number column) and click Next.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Software Installation List, select *software to install and click Next. (*MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool are required and cannot be deselected. We recommend installing My Image Garden, Quick Menu and IJ Scan Utility2 to take full advantage of the printer’s features.)
- Continue following the on-screen instructions.
- When the Add Printer screen appears, click Add Printer.
- Select the Canon MG2420 series with Canon IJ Network listed in the Kind column, then click Add.
- Click Next on the Add Printer screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions.
- When the Setup Complete screen appears, click Next.
- At this point, the setup of the printer and network is complete. Continue to follow any remaining on-screen instructions to finish and exit the setup program.
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG2420 Driver Printer Download
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 series ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 Setup Manual For Windows|
|Canon PIXMA MG2420 Troubleshooting Manual For Windows|
Canon PIXMA MG2420 Printer Setup For Windows:
- Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MG2420 Series:
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files,
- click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
- You can accept the default location to save the file.
- Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When finished restart your computer or laptop
- Then do a test print and scan test,-
- If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the drivers
- Open the Control Panel on your computer or laptop, then select or click on the uninstall a program menu
- Then Double click on the printer or already installed printer software you want to uninstall, and then click yes
- Wait until the end of the uninstalls wizard, and then click Finish.