Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver Printer Download, Wireless Setup, Manual Installations
The Pros of The Canon PIXMA MG6820 can be defined as one of the best printing devices that you will find on the market recently. This splendid printer will be able to perform the various abilities which can be ranging from printing to scanning. It means that all of your tasks can be done in the much more efficient way surely. So then, it will be the nice solution that you can take every time you have lots of works to do.
Aside from that, the Canon PIXMA MG 6820 can offer you the awesome pros that you will like so much. One of them is its numerous amazing attributes such as the Duplex Printing feature, 2.5-inch display, easy to understand control panel, Cannon Print App, the integrated Wi-Fi, and so many others. Basically, all of them will guide you to run the printing machine easily yet optimally at once. So, there will be no difficulties that you have to meet whenever you use the equipment.
Furthermore, you can get the Canon PIXMA MG6820 at the very reasonable price of $149.99. This particular price is worthy especially when you consider the best printing results come out from the machine. Thus, it is clear that you will never get disappointed when you complete your tasks using this printer.
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Printer Specifications
- Printing method: inkjet
- Standard-sheet capacity: 100
- Flatbed design for scanning and copying: Yes
- Height: 5.8
- Width: 17.8
- Depth: 23.1
- Text speed (ppm): 13
- Ink cost/month: 7.4
- Text cost (cents): 5.8
- Graphics cost (cents): 21.9
- 4x6 photo cost: 0.65
- 8x10 photo cost: 2.05
- Maximum paper size: 8.5x14
- Maximum paper basis-weight: Data not available
- Platform: Windows, MacOS
- Networking: W, A, G
- WiFi Auto-connect: Yes
- WiFi Direct: Yes
- PictBridge: No
- Built-in fax: No
- LCD viewer: Yes
- Individual colour tanks: Yes
- Can print if colour empty: No
- Auto-duplexing: Yes
- Borderless photos: Yes
- Swap black for photo ink: N/A
- Automatic document feeder: No
- Memory-card reader: Yes
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Wireless Setup
- Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG6820 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labelled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG6820 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG6820, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG6820 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
Setting up PIXMA MG6820 Wireless Connection
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Wireless Setup Mac OS
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG6820 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer. Click here to download. After the file, mac-MG6820 - 1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure. Click Next on the first screen.
- Network Requirements, Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete, and that the computer is connected to the network.
- Wireless Connection, Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
- Software Installation To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. Installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Setting up the Network Connection
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- If your MG6820 has already been set up for on your wireless network, it is only necessary to install the software on the additional computer(s). The printer does not have to be reset and no additional settings need to be made.
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG6820 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer.
- After the file, mac-MG6820 - 1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure.
- Click Next on the first screen. If prompted, enter the Administrative Password to continue.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Printers on Network List, select your printer (its serial number will be listed in the Serial Number column) and click Next.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Software Installation List, select *software to install and click Next. (*MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool are required and cannot be deselected. We recommend installing My Image Garden, Quick Menu and IJ Scan Utility2 to take full advantage of the printer’s features.)
- Continue following the on-screen instructions.
- When the Add Printer screen appears, click Add Printer.
- Select the Canon MG6820 series with Canon IJ Network listed in the Kind column, then click Add.
- Click Next on the Add Printer screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions.
- When the Setup Complete screen appears, click Next.
- At this point, the setup of the printer and network is complete. Continue to follow any remaining on-screen instructions to finish and exit the setup program.
Operating System Support:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Driver Printer Download
|MG6820 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|MG6820 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|MG6820 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.90 (Windows)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.20 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.20 for Linux (Source file)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.20 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.20 for Linux (Source file)|
|MG6820 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|MG6820 series Getting Started (software installation part)|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)|
How to Use Google Cloud Print Canon PIXMA MG6820
- Download the Google Cloud Print at Playstore or AppStore
- From the Setup List, tap "Web Service connection setup"
- Then tap on "Google Cloud Print setup".
- Next, tap "Register with Google Cloud Print"
- Select your preferred language
- Make sure there is enough paper in the printer and then tap "OK"
- An authentication page will print out with a URL & QR code.
- Now follow the instructions on the printed page
- Once registration is complete, tap "OK" to exit
- You are now ready to use Google Cloud Print!
- Finish and Ready for Print!
Canon PIXMA MG6820 Printer Setup For Windows:
- Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MG6820 Series:
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files,
- click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
- You can accept the default location to save the file.
- Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When finished restart your computer or laptop
- Then do a test print and scan test,-
- If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the drivers
- Open the Control Panel on your computer or laptop, then select or click on the uninstall a program menu
- Then Double click on the printer or already installed printer software you want to uninstall, and then click yes
- Wait until the end of the uninstalls wizard, and then click Finish.